"Genome" by Matt Ridley

It has been an year since I started reading "Genome". Destiny was that I had to enjoy with my family than read the book. Now that my wife and my dear toddler are away in Tamil Nadu, I got a chance to finish reading the book.

The book was really good. Matt just discusses one gene from each of the 22 + X + Y chromosomes. And it clearly show what we understand and where we are ignorant. We are just starting and Complexity kills.

Liked the "free will" chapter. It all finally comes down to determinism. It has been determined that I read all this junk topics and have fun. :-)

Have taken out the book "Freedom evolves"-Daniel Dennett. Just to browse through it again to see if I get something new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment

Time management tips

Free Will versus the Programmed Brain